Think you'd like to join our team?
We currently have one vacancy:
To be based at Volunteer Centre Sutton, 31 West St, Sutton SM1 1SJ
18 hours per week
£12,577 per annum (including OLW) plus 3% employer pension contribution
Volunteer Centre Sutton is seeking to appoint a new Befriending Coordinator. The post holder will be part of the Call, Catch-up, Connect programme, funded by the Big Lottery Fund. The Centre has been established and committed for over 50 years supporting individuals and organisations to ‘Inspire community’ through volunteering.
The main aim of the Call, Catch-up, Connect service is to reach out to vulnerable older people and adults at risk who live in the London Borough of Sutton. It will relieve their social isolation and loneliness, and increase their social contact, interaction and stimulation by providing them with a volunteer befriender.
As the Befriending Coordinator, you will have responsibility for the day to day running and support of the Befriending Service. This will include regular client contact, liaison with partners to the service and volunteer recruitment. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about our vision and who will bring skills, excellent coordination and an empathic approach in relating with vulnerable and frail elderly people. You will also be required to deliver potential training and support as required.
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and committed team, working with volunteers and colleagues to deliver a high-quality service which supports vulnerable people and their families within Sutton.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday, 19th November 2017
Interviews at Volunteer Centre Sutton: w/b 27th November 2017
How to apply
Your application should comprise:
- A mandatory supporting statement of no more than 1000 words. This is your opportunity to tell us why you want to join Volunteer Centre Sutton in this post and what makes you a good candidate for the job. Complete this statement as per the Person Specification. Relate your skills, knowledge and experience to the criteria listed as fully as possible with reference to your paid and/or unpaid work experience, training and qualifications as appropriate. Due to possible high number of applications we reserve the right to not consider applications which do not specifically address the points in the Person Specification in order.
- A full CV. Please include your educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history highlighting key responsibilities and relevant achievements, including dates and reasons for any gaps in employment, and any voluntary experience you have had.
- A covering letter including the details of two referees, one of which should be your current employer. As well as your own contact details, please include each referee’s name, role and organisation, relationship to you, how long they have known you, address, contact number and email address. Referees will not be contacted unless you are offered the role. Details of referees are held in the strictest confidence.
- Please give details of whether you have a prosecution pending or have you ever been convicted by a court or cautioned by the police for any offence. If so, please send details alongside your application in a confidential attachment. This will only be opened by the Chair of the Interviewing Panel if the candidate is shortlisted. Disclosure will not automatically disqualify you from consideration for this post.
- Volunteer Centre Sutton supports “positive action” in employment for disabled people and operates a guaranteed interview scheme. (All disabled people who meet the minimum requirements for the job will be guaranteed an interview). If you wish, please indicate if you are disabled and wish to take advantage of this scheme.
Download the Job Information Pack and Equality & Diversity Monitoring form by clicking/tapping on the links below. (NB some browsers require you to right-click on the button and select 'Save as...' instead)
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Anita Maullin, Volunteer Centre Sutton, 31 West St, Sutton. SM1 1SJ.
Volunteer Centre Sutton is committed to equal opportunities in employment and service provision and will require an enhanced DBS check for this post holder.
In line with company policy, VCS staff at risk of redundancy and people with disabilities will be offered interviews if the minimum requirements of the post are met.