The volunteer advisor sessions:
- take about 45 minutes to 1 hour
- take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- either 10am-12pm or 2-4pm
- at our office on Sutton High Street, above the Sound Lounge.
- If you have mobility issues we can meet you elsewhere or do telephone and video calls.
The Volunteer Advisor is trained to help you get set up with the tech side, think about what roles will suit your situation, show you how to find out what roles are available, help you to contact the organisation and apply for your dream role.
You can call us on 020 8661 5900 Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to book a 1:1 tailored conversation with one of our friendly Volunteer Advisors.
If you would like to become a voluntary Volunteer Advisor yourself, fill this form in. Any questions email Sandra or call 020 8661 5900.
Volunteer Advisor Role
This is a really great role which can help charities across the Borough. Being a core part of the Volunteer Centre Sutton team, you’ll be invaluable to help 100s residents find their perfect volunteering match.
We are looking for a small group of Volunteer Advisors to volunteer, once a week at our offices on Sutton High Street. Volunteer Advisors will meet with members of the public in person and advise them on the roles and opportunities suitable for them.
At Volunteer Centre Sutton, we specialise in helping local people get involved in volunteer projects. New volunteers are often unaware of the huge variety of roles available to them and Volunteer Centre Sutton plays a key role in helping and supporting them to find the right opportunity to suit them.
The role will involve:
- Contacting new volunteers and welcoming them to Volunteer Centre Sutton
- Helping new volunteers who have recently registered, to assist them to find a role and help them to get the most from our online system Simply Connect.
- There will be future opportunity to be involved in our fun monthly Volunteer Coordinators’ Forums
- Future engagement work in public spaces such as libraries and fairs promoting volunteering.
Volunteer Advisors will be fully trained by our Volunteer Centre Sutton team and will be given all they need to help and guide the volunteers to find their perfect role.
Regular shifts will be from 10am to 12noon or from 2pm to 4pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Volunteer Advisors can select shifts based on their availability. Extra help can be flexible on other days e.g. Tuesdays.
If you are interested, please contact Sandra Lewis at SandraLewis@vcsutton.org.uk or 020 8661 5900. To apply fill in this form: https://forms.office.com/e/HcLMgUafbY